Friday 6 April 2012

My ride: Orange Alpine 160


Whether I'm riding an all day epic in the Lake District or a quick lap at Gisburn, I use the same bike. Reliable, locally made and a whole lotta fun! It's an Orange Alpine 160.


I find the Alpine 160 is a no nonsense, big hitting adventure bike perfect for all UK riding. The 160mm all round suspension is more than enough for what I need and gives me the confidence to push my riding that little bit harder, knowing the bike can take it. Both front and rear shocks are Fox (RP23 on the back and 36 Talas up front).

The frame is super strong and really stiff, single pivot for simplicity, which is certainly a benefit to those like me, that aren't the best at maintaining things!

I run Maxxis High Roller 2.35 tyres all year round which do the job. Plenty of grip in all conditions sticking to whatever they comes into contact with.

My brakes are Hope V2's. Massively powerful and super smooth. Another locally made, extremely reliable product!

Easy to get your weight back for steep descents

Nice slack head angle

confidence inspiring, when cornering with speed



So that's it. My bike.

I still get punctures though and it doesn't help me stay dry!! :-(



No comments:

Post a Comment